Are you a student from EU and EEA countries and travel to Slovakia (TUKE)?
Travelling for study to Slovakia (TUKE)
Firstly, you need to be officially nominated by the Erasmus+ coordinator at your home university. The nomination has to be sent by e-mail to Natalia.Vaskova@tuke.sk (Natália Vašková, Erasmus+ institutional coordinator for EU countries) and include following information about you:
- First and family name,
- Date of birth,
- Study programme at your home institution and degree of studies,
- Planned study period at the TUKE,
- Contact e-mail address.
Once we receive your nomination, you will be asked to provide us with:
- Application form with your photo.
- Learning agreement – before mobility part properly signed and stamped by the representative of your home university.
The subjects you choose at the TUKE have to be offered by the faculty that your home university has an agreement with.
The subjects available for Erasmus+ students at the TUKE are listed below.
For more questions about the courses, please contact the faculty coordinator according to your field of study – contacts.
- Transcript of records from your home university in English language signed and stamped by representative of your home university.
- Dormitory application form: necessary only if you wish to apply for a place at the dormitory of the TUKE.
Apply and send all above-mentioned documents in scanned copies to the email address of the particular Faculty Coordinator (list of contacts) within the application deadline. Incomplete forms or forms without necessary signatures will not be accepted.
- by 30 June for the winter semester (September to February) and full academic year (September to June)
- by 30 November for the summer semester (February to June)
If you provide us with all the required documents and complete them correctly, we will confirm your Learning Agreement and issue the Letter of Acceptance for you (within 4 weeks of the application deadline). It means that you have been officially accepted and can start planning your stay at the TUKE. Both documents will be sent back to you and to your exchange coordinator at home university.
In case you need to apply for a student visa, we will contact you with further information.
|Winter semester||Winter Semester||21.09.2020 – 18.12.2020|
|Christmas break||21.12.2020 – 31.12.2020|
|Examination period||04.01.2021 – 12.02.2021|
|Summer semester||Summer Semester||15.02.2021 – 14.05.2021|
|Examination period||17.05.2021 – 02.07.2021|
|Summer holiday||06.07.2021 – 31.08.2021|
The TUKE offers an accommodation of Erasmus+ incoming students at the dormitory of the TUKE at Jedlíkova 13 in Košice. The rent is 100 EUR/month.
All of our canteens are available for Erasmus+ students. With ISIC card you can get a subsidy diet unit per day max. 4,80 € (you pay 2,20 €) or 2,40 € (you pay 1,10 €). The card will be issued after you come to the TUKE.
Erasmus Student Network Slovakia (ESN Slovakia) is a non-profit student organisation. Their mission is to represent international students, thus provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students. One of the local sections is ESN Košice.
General information about the administrative processes in Slovak Republic are available at the website of IOM Migration Information Centre https://www.mic.iom.sk/en/
- Faculty of Mining, Ecology, Process Control and Geotechnologies
- Faculty of Materials, Metallurgy and Recycling
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Aeronautics
To make your life easier in our country, the Department of Languages offers a basic Slovak language course during your stay at our university. In case of interest please contact the International Relations Office in the beginning of your stay. The course is running 2 hours/week.
Travelling for internship to Slovakia (TUKE)